CUMULUS MEDIA |Fort Walton Beach-Destin has an immediate opening for a (Part-Time) Board Operator/Road Tech providing programming, on-site and control board support to On-Air Talent. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The position requires extreme reliability and flexibility. If you are a fast-learner familiar with audio equipment and automation, have a good demeanor around others, and have a passion for radio, read on.
CUMULUS | Fort Walton Beach-Destin currently features 5 stations in the Fort Walton Beach area and surrounding counties. Our stations include: 99.5 WKSM 99ROCK, 96.5 WZNS Z96, 93.3 WNCV Coast 93.3, 105.5 WYZB NASH-FM, 1260 WFTW News Talk. The cluster of 5 stations reaches thousands of listeners daily.
- Running the board in a radio station control room broadcasting a variety of live or pre-recorded local and syndicated radio programs
- Playing all commercials as scheduled and maintaining a commercial and transmitter log
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment
- Monitor for EAS Alerts, Ambers Alerts and breaking news
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards
- Some college radio or small market radio experience preferred
- Previous board operation experience preferred
- Audio production skills preferred
- Familiar with FCC rules and regulations and EAS guidelines
- Proficient using computer systems such as audio editing and automation programs
- Knowledge of basic electronic wiring and sound system set-up
- Familiar with audio mixers a plus
- Flexibility in scheduling required
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
For immediate consideration, please visit https://cumulusmedia.jobs.net/
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulusmedia.com/
CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).